Thursday, January 6, 2011

Holiday Recap

Hope your holidays were everything you hoped for and more. I had to work Christmas Eve and Day this year, so our holidays weren' t quite the same, but nonetheless a joyous time. We spent Christmas Eve opening our gifts to each other then went to my aunt's house and exchanged with their family. I spent Christmas (and my 25th Birthday!) with the kiddies and other nurses in the PICU. I was actually looking forward to Christmas with the sick kids-they certainly didn't deserve to be there, but unfortunately most of our children were intubated and couldn't enjoy Santa, or the Macy's parade, or our showering of gifts. It broke my heart to know that 4 precious children "slept" through Christmas. Immediately after my shift, Aaron and I headed east on 64 to see our families. I loved that we were again able to spoil our niece and nephews with things that they "have always wanted." Oh to be a kid again! We then went to my parents house and enjoyed birthday lasagna and ice cream cake-its become the tradition! Unfortunately the snow did not hold off long enough and by 8 am on the 26th we were headed back to Richmond. Short, but sweet visit! We were lucky enough to be able to go back to Yorktown/Mathews the following weekend for New Years and just like your average 25 year olds (ha) we were in bed on NYE at 9:30! We continued the weekend with our nephews 7 year old birthday party then headed back to Mathews for a family gathering at my parents. It was a nice ending to the holidays and to the year 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment